Book Tickets Online
Plas Mawr is the best Elizabethan town house in Britain. Located in Conwy, home to one of Edward I’s castles, Conwy is the perfect place for history lovers. Robert Wynn bought the house in 1576, for the fee of £200; Wynn set about building the mansion to its current look.
Visitors can step back in time and experience what life was like in a Tudor home. Explore 17 rooms all decorated to their original taste, and imagine the conversations that must have been had during a very difficult period in British history. In addition, after four years of restoration the Elizabethan garden has been brought back to its previous, magnificent best.
Please note Plas Mawr closes over the winter months.
See website for details of ticket prices.
- Access improved for hearing impaired visitors
- Assistance Dogs Permitted
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Welsh audio guide
- Welsh spoken
Parking & Transport
- Accessible by public transport
- Groups Accepted
- Major credit cards accepted
Printed Material in other Languages
- Welsh printed material
- Accept coach parties
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Cater for school groups
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted